Monday, January 8, 2018

T Stands For Todd Brian's Brick Street Cafe

Back when it was warm outside, my foodie friend Sally and I went to Todd Brian's.   I guess you can tell what we both had to drink.

Kathy would love this place because it has gluten free pasta and gluten free buns.

I got decadent and ordered French Dip with sweet potato fries and ranch dressing.  I ate nearly all my fries and half my sandwich.  I took the rest home and ate it the next day.  The Au jus was perfect.  It was made in house and had lots of onions in it, too.  I used nearly all you see in the bowl on the sandwich half I ate at the restaurant.  When I got the take-out box, our waitress included another container of the Au jus without me even asking.

Sally had the Cajun meatloaf with corn and mashed potatoes.   She ate every bit of it and raved about it.  I had a bite of her potatoes and they were fantastic. They had cheese, onions, a bit of bacon, and a seasoning to die for.

Since I forgot to take a photo of the restaurant, I snagged one from the internet.

By now, I'm sure most of you know the drill.  It's time to share your drink experience today.  It can be photos, a place you visited, movies, postcards, books, sketches, mixed media, drawings, paintings, tags, teabags, scrapbooking, or any other art that is digital, hybrid, or traditional, as long as it in some way relates back to a drink, any drink. Regardless, please share below and Bleubeard and I, along with the rest of the T gang will be by to visit.  Bleubeard wants to remind you that old photos are acceptable because they may be taken any time, even last year.

26 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

You evidently got a tasty meal there, you both enjoyed what you ate, and that's good. Have a happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

johanna said...

this menu Card Shows quite a lot of choices... i LOVE sweet potatoes and often make fries or thicker slices of them myself.
happy t-day!

Jeanie said...

Love French dip but those fries -- WOW! They look wonderful!

kathyinozarks said...

You are right I would love this restaurant and the food looks really delicious-you and your friend find the coolest spots to eat out. I love fries and those sweet potato frys-yum--
Happy T Day Kathy

Meggymay said...

The meal you ordered does look delicious, I think I may be making some sweet potato fries instead of ordinary potato ones, sometime soon.
It looks like you had quite a menu to choose from as well.
There seems to be a vast number of restaurants to eat out in, close to your home. It must be hard to choose where you want to go for the meal.
Yvonne xx

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

Your meal doesn't look decadent to me, Elizabeth, especially since you took half the sandwich home. Restaurants that are so considerate (gluten-free options, extra au jus in your take home package) are just the best. They make you feel like a valued guest - not just a full wallet ;-)

Happy T-day! Hugs, Eileen

My name is Erika. said...

Those meals looks just delicious! I like the idea of Cajun meatloaf. It would taste good right now on this chilly evening. I hope this place is on your repeat list. If you don't want another French Dip looks like there's a lot to pick from. Have a happy T day. hugs-Erika

Linda Kunsman said...

I love a something for everyone menu-and this sure does have it all! And the sweet potato fries-yum. Finally got hubby to switch out the white fries for homemade sweet potato fries (which I don't fry, but grill). Happy T day!

CJ Kennedy said...

Oh, your sandwich looks so good and I just finished my dinner. What a nice waitress to give you extra au jus to take home. That's a place I'd be happy to frequent. Excellent food and service. Happy T Day.

Kate Yetter said...

It always makes me hungry to see all the yummy food you post! It looks like an amazing place to eat. Glad that you were able to enjoy it with a friend.
Happy Tea Day,
Kate

Marfi-topia said...

wow! both your plates look incredibly delicious.
I love sweet potato fries..!
I haven't had dinner yet and this post is killing me! lol
What a great server!So nice that she included more of the sauce for you.

Carol Samsel said...

The food looks great and lits of choices on that menu .... I'm having a passionate love affair with sweet potatoes 😁

Birgit said...

This place looks good and my mouth is salivating

froebelsternchen said...

I wouldn't mind your or Sally's menue fur lunch today - yummie stuff!!!
Happy T-Day my friend I will link up later this day since I am out now with my neighbour-girl-friend to the charity shop...

oxo Susi

pearshapedcrafting said...

Looks like you made a good choice there and Sally was happy too! I love sweet potato fries! Chrisxx

Lisca said...

Hello and happy 2018! I'm glad to be back.
I am always fascinated by the restaurants you go to. And I love seeing the menu as there are many things on there I have never heard of. Your meal looks very yummy. I like the idea of sweet potato fries. Must try that at home.
Happy T-Day,
Lisca

RO said...

Yummy! Those Sweet Potato Fries look pretty good. All I need to do is add that Southwest Burger. I really enjoy restaurants like these and glad you had a good time. Hugs...RO

Sami said...

I love sweet potato fries. It must have been a great day out with your friend.

Let's Art Journal said...

Your meals look and sound delicious! I love sweet potato fries too - yum 😁. It looks such a great restaurant and I'm glad you and Sally had such a wonderful time. Wishing you a very Happy T Day! J 😊

Nancy said...

Yummy! The menu looks impressive- it would be easy to find something you like I think.

jinxxxygirl said...

Elizabeth its so nice to see you enjoy a restaurant trip.. and my you had glowing praise. You need to go back there! :) Happy T day! Hugs! deb

Dianne said...

wow, my mouth is watering! sounds and looks like this place was a winner...so glad you had a good experience. Made me smile when you said 'back when it was warm outside.' seems like a long time ago.

Feels good to get back to joining up with the Tea Party...sorry I'm so late today. Had a Dr. appointment for a check-up this morning, and assorted errands. better late than never I guess. stay warm and take care dear friend!

Carol said...

Thanks for stopping by for a visit Elizabeth and I know too well the woes of internet service. It takes me longer to get bundled up to go out and take the photos than I'm able to stay out there and take them :) The camera gets to cold before I do usually. But I love taking moon shots ♥
Happy T Day!!!!

HeARTworks said...

Haven't dropped by in a looong time! You made me hungry!!!

craftytrog said...

Looks very yummy! :-) x

Divers and Sundry said...

We've been on vacation and missed the T party entirely. Your restaurant looks like one that'd suit me nicely. Yummmmm!