Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Yearbook memories


Today we're looking at yearbook memories and how those emotions can come running back when we see photos of old friends long forgotten or ones we've lost contact with.

This boy is a bit young to be reminiscing over old yearbooks, because the nostalgia will grow as time wears on.

Lots of memories in this old yearbook, where I began with a sheet of red copier/printer paper, then laid a sheet of painted deli paper on top.  Next, I cut an image from a magazine and the image of a boy from a gifted child's book page to which I added a leftover piece of red paper I wrote the sentiment on.


Bleubeard, my fearless and welcoming co-host and I are delighted you stopped by and invite you to join us at Art Journal Journey where the theme this month is Back to School.   You still have time to join in on the fun.



10 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely page, those yearbooks are fun. We never had them at school, just the yearly photos, and sometimes class or school photos, which were handed out individually to those who wanted to buy them. It's nice to see the photos all together. Thanks for another great page for AJJ, this month has kept you very busy! Hugs, Valerie

Little Artbee said...

A nice memory these yearbooks. I like what you did with the photos, well done page.
Greetings
Sabine

froebelsternchen said...

A wonderful page - what a fab idea and yes this memories are always a blast- I think that this maybe is a reason why facebook is so much popular for younger generations now - there they find their forgotten friends and can stay in connection with them.
Your ideas and makes this months are stunning Elizabeth!
Happy Wednesday "QUEEN HOSTESS"!

My name is Erika. said...

Great page Elizabeth. I think the children's photos are fantastic and your background...I want to rub my hand over it because it has such a nice crumplely texture. The colors of it are wonderful too. I can't believe we only have 2 more days of the month. Its been so much fun doing these school pages. Have a great day. Hugs-erika

~*~Patty S said...

Wonderful school memories page you created E!
Is that little girl anyone we know?
My AJJ offering focuses on memories too.
Thank you for hosting such a great theme.
I only wish I'd been able to play more (so many ideas still stuck in my head).
oxo

Sami said...

I never had a yearbook either, just class photos, and that was only in the last 3 years of high school. But it's lovely to look back at old photos and remember our school years and long lost friends.

Cappuccinoandartjournal.blogspot.com said...

I am reading posts backwards so now I see the yearbook theme -- but that isn't you, is it? I collect yearbooks at the library books and love to work with them....I like what you did.

Meggymay said...

A lovely memory page, its good to have photos to bring folk remembered back to mind. We never had year books here in the UK, school photos once a year and then, they were only for the school to display. Its good that times changed when photographers were more available and willing to go out to the schools.
Yvonne xx

pearshapedcrafting said...

Year books are one US customs I really envy! We had class photos and I still have an autograph book from my last year in junior school! I am looking for a girl with curls - am I wasting my time? Hugs, Chrisx

pearshapedcrafting said...

That should read 'one US custom '!