Monday, February 16, 2015

T Stands For Mardi Gras (again)


I had planned another post that was a bit Valentine related, then realized there was no drink involved.  So now I must finish that post with some type of drink.  But right now, all I want to do is curl up in bed with the covers over my head. 

I showed this same photo, originally taken in 2011, last year for T Stands for Tuesday.  I'm still having computer issues, since now my printer won't print.  This mouse is nice, but it seems every other bluetooth device (scanner, printer) is no longer recognized.  So I'm just going to wish everyone a happy Mardi Gras and hope you enjoy the day.

Feel free to show your King Cakes, baby dolls, beads, or any Mardi Gras related piece.  OR, as I wrote last year:
Do you have the Mardi Gras spirit?  Will you celebrate today?  Will "Fat Tuesday" be the day before you fast?  Share your T stories below.  The photos don't have to be taken on Tuesday, and it's fairly obvious, they can be taken from your archives, as mine has been today.  Please use the direct link to your T post, not your blog, so we can find you easily.  And, whether you celebrate it or not, have a great Mardi Gras.
 Remember to include something drink related, something that holds a drink, whether it's coffee, tea, water, or even buttermilk  You can even share your art that is drink related: traditional, hybrid, or digital. 



24 thoughtful remarks:

Karla B said...

Carnival is a time to enjoy yourself here. Love it.I wrote about it. Love your photo. It's so elegant, my friend. Hope you are feeling beetter.

Anonymous said...

Jeweled tea, how nice. Technology is not our friend, unless we have limited $$$ to buy each no piece to go with every upgrade, ba! Sorry you are having issues. xox

TwinkleToes2day said...

Your bead bedecked cuppa is lovely; so bright and cheery. Not so your computer issues :( How annoying they are when not working as they should/we wish.
However, I DO hope you, yourself are much better dear Elizabeth, if not completely. Either way, I wish you Happy T Day ((hugs)) :o)

Divers and Sundry said...

I came by to get your link to add to my post, which is already scheduled to appear bright and early tomorrow morning. I'll be back after it posts to join the party :)

We'll have pancakes, traditional fare prepared by my husband. And strong coffee!

I love that pretty cup in your post.

Linda Kunsman said...

Love your bejeweled tea! I tend to forget about Mardi Gras/ Fat Tuesday/Fasnacht Day. My family never were fans of doughnuts and we're not Catholic so it wasn't a big thing in our home. Sorry to hear you're still having PC issues-it can be very frustrating. Hope you can get it all worked out real soon. Happy T day!

froebelsternchen said...

Hope you feel better dear Elizabeth and good luck with the printer !
Happy T-Day!
Thank you for hosting this always for us!
xxx
Susi

voodoo vixen said...

No Mardi Gras here... but we will have pancakes because it is Pancake Day!! Yay!!
Sorry you are still ill... and having 'pooter probs!! Bum.... hope both get sorted soon!!

Lynn Holland said...

Here's my CUPPA Elizabeth, it's from Saturdays papercrafting workshop.
You have my every sympathy with the printer issue as I had the same problem a few week ago and wasted two days sorting it. Frustrating is putting it mildly
Lynn :)

Halle said...

I don't celebrate Mardi Gras. The stories from New Orleans are fun to hear though. :)
Happy T Day!

Darla said...

Such a pretty photo for Mardi Gras. Hope you get your computer and its associates to play nicely together soon.

Darla

Craftymoose Crafts said...

I hope Scott can work out whatever your computer connectivity issue is, and I really hope whatever is ailing you leaves you soon--it really has been dragging on.

Other than the bright colors and costumes, Mardi Gras doesn't do much for me.

Dianne said...

dear E...a lovely photo...hope you are staying warm and feeling better! seems like you've been fighting whatever bug you have for ages...I usually don't even think about Mardi Gras in Ohio, but we are visiting in Florida, and enjoyed a wonderful Mardi Gras parade over the weekend. What do you actually DO with all those beads?! but the grand kids had a great time... :) A small adorable child is known as a "bead magnet!"

~*~Patty S said...

Your bed bedecked tea cup is oh so lovely!
Happy Fat Tuesday
Happy Mardi Gras
and Happy T Day E!
You take care...there is no substitute for rest.
oxo

~*~Patty S said...

Your BEAD bedecked tea cup that should have read :-)

jinxxxygirl said...

I'm afraid no Mardi Gras happens around here Elizabeth.. It always looks fun when i catch it on TV but the crowds?? No way... not a crowd person...and then you add alcohol to the mix... i don't think you would catch me at Mardi Gras..lol Love your recycled photo though! :) Happy Tday! Hugs~ deb

Carol said...

Sorry you have not gotten the technical issues straightened out yet. The picture is lovely though. Stay warm and see soon.

Dreaming of Vintage said...

No Mardi Gras celebrations in my neck of the woods. Maybe in downtown Plainfield, IL where there is a New Orleans themed restaurant called Moe Joes. They probably have something planned.

pearshapedcrafting said...

Love all those shiny beads! We went to a Pancake party today - the chef here was making pancakes after his normal lunchtime stint so we decided to go - it was great to see some of our neighbours for a chat!! (We do occasionally have meals here too - he is a good chef and the meals are good value - I will take photos next time!! Chrisx

Rita said...

Technical issues had me linking up so late--sorry.
I have never celebrated Mardi Gras. Not a Minnesota thing I guess--LOL!
I wish you were all better!! I am getting worried about you being sick this long!! :(

Vicki Miller said...

I hadn't seen this one, so it was worth it. Hope spring comes for you soon.

Eliza said...

What a clever display, beautiful.

Hugs Eliza & Yoda

happy T for Tuesday

johanna said...

well, carneval is not my fave season and so i did not masquerade or anything... only Thing i like about it are the crullers, which are really yummy.
i hope your tech issues are fixed soon. it is a pain in the a** to deal with that stuff!

Ariel said...

Oh! Elizabeth sorry to hear about the technical issues. I understand how frustratING that is. Hope you will be able to rectify it.
Have a wonderful week
susan

dawn said...

Hello and Happy T Day on Wednesday. Sorry to hear about the computer issues, always frustrating isn't it. Hope it fixes soon for you. Sending warm feel good hugs and love for you too.
We just had our coldest days over the weekend, crazy winter is kicking in for the end of winter I guess.
I remember this photo, Happy Mardi Gras and thank you for the pretty photo.
Take care and have a good week.